In order to participate in experiments conducted by researchers of the School of Business and Economics (SBE) at Maastricht University, you have to register online. By clicking on "Yes" you agree to the rules and our data policy.
- Registering more than once is strictly forbidden.
- By registering on this website, you indicate your intention to take part in experiments conducted by the SBE. The registration is without any obligation.
- For each experiment, a certain number of registered persons will get an invitation email. Only invited persons may participate.
- If you get an invitation email you may choose to participate. If you want to participate, you have to respond positively to the invitation email (by clicking the given link and select one of the time slots offered). If you are not interested in participation in this specific experiment you may ignore the invitation email.
- If you accepted an invitation and committed to participate in a specific experimental session you have to turn up at the given place and time. The cost for cancelling a session because of no-shows easily adds up to more than Euro 1000.-. Hence, we will monitor no-shows and late-comers. The more unreliable a candidate is, the less likely he/she will be invited for further experiments.
- Usually, your participation in an experiment will be compensated in cash. In some cases also shopping vouchers or lottery tickets are given away. The amount you earn varies. It may depend on your decisions, on other participants' decisions, as well as on random events. If the payment method is different from cash, you will be notified before committing to participate.
- During an experiment, you receive detailed instructions from the experimenters. You are supposed to comply with the instructions. Otherwise you may be expelled from the experiment without financial compensation. You can rely on the information given in the instructions. You will not be deceived.
- During an experiment, your participation is voluntary. That is, you may withdraw at any time. However, if you withdraw before the end of the study, you will receive no financial compensation. Withdrawal will not affect your grades or academic standing and will not affect your ability to participate in future experiments.
- To ensure that only those people who have been invited and who positively answered to the invitation email take part in the experiment, participants are asked to carry an identity paper (with a picture on it) with them. A participant who does not carry an identity paper will not be able to participate.
By registering you agree to comply with the rules above.